Monday, July 04, 2011

Relevant Science

Readers may wonder about this blog's name. Where is the Science in Chilango?

In a recent note, Cohen and I, the word is used to describe this author. I am a Proud Chilango. Where is the Science there? relevant or not.

In my defense I contend that a blog is a private conversation. If you like what you find here, you come back. I accept contributions that are sent me by other sources. Some of them have been successful. Here is a recent one: 20 Colleges ..., presently number seven in page views since May 2009:

My stated goal is to help high school students to consider a science career.

OK, then what about Chilango?

I am a Mexico City physicist working in Chilpancingo Guerrero, Mexico. My views about my city and my country are tainted by my scientific mind. I read opinion pages, and relate them to my life, I make them relevant to myself.  In that respect I could have called my blog, a Rationalist View of Reality. I search for the connections, based on my concept map. I hope my concept map is scientific.

New York City, as viewed by Roger Cohen, is a similar place as Mexico City, as seen by me. Both places are so big, with so much diversity, that I cannot see a bunch of small town hoodlums to take over them, as it is happening right now, in many small Mexican towns.

And Chilpango?

Go to Wikipedia

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews