Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Problems and Solutions

From Deutsch's book I learned the following:

Knowledge is constructive and does not have an end. The name of the book is The Beginning of Infinity.

If Deutsch is right, I may have to change my pursuit a bit. My focus is Information, his is knowledge.

Professor David Deutsch does not mention Claude Shannon.

What is knowledge?

The end product of matter, energy, and evidence when put together, is knowledge.

This knowledge is constructive. The book subtitle is "Explanations that Transform the World".

As myself, professor Deutsch is interested in the character of knowlwdge: Is it human, or Universal?

He doesn't mean that there are intelligent agents with knowledge, in another place of the Solar System, or somewhere else. He means that once knowledge is achieved, the Universe is transformed.

If you find gold, there are only two possibilities: Either it was made in a supernova, or a knowing agent produced it.

Furthermore, once the beginning of knowledge starts, as long as the Laws of Physics are obeyed, the process of making more knowledge, can go on towards Infinity.

The key proposal, in my mind, is that this idea is falsifiable. Knowledge is what produces transformations, transmutations, and such.

I'll keep you posted of my study of David Deutsch's book.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews