Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So What?

OK, there are no Fundamental Equations delivered to a modern day Moses, directly from God's hands.

No pie in the sky, whatever the electron uses to guide its comings and goings, is beyond my comprehension. I believe that we have a very sophisticated and accurate fit, good to over ten significant figures, but not the way the electron does it.. Maybe there isn't an electron after all. A big deal has been made lately of the ever increasing mass range, where the God particle, is not.


Right now my skepticism leads me to doubt even the existence of the electron, the Higgs, is even more esoteric.

These elementary particles, like quarks, and the rest of them, may very well be, good mnemothechnic ways to navigate ever expanding tsunamis of experimental data, but not the real thing.

As far as science is concerned, it is enough to get the numbers right, with whatever mental picture we choose to pick.

I hope I am not throwing out the baby with the bath water.

If my view is useful, then I have to come out with something new.

I still don't see how.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews