Friday, August 03, 2012

How to Read Relevant Science

Yesterday my son scolded me again. Nobody knows what is your contribution, and what comes from other sources!

I accept his criticism. Here are some guidelines to read my blog:

Before enumerating the seven rules, I explain my rationale. This blog is for high school science students. I started it at Glenbard East High School in Lombard, Illinois. I was teaching smart Honor, and AP Physics students, and I felt they did not find science relevant, so with the help of my son, himself then a high school student, a blog in El Toro Loco was created. That blog disappeared because my son had an account on the basis of contributing material. I guess he did not fulfill his quota or something. Then I found blogger, and I have been here since then. My son is in college now; you can gauge this blog's age that way.

My notes and links, are just introduction to Relevant Science. This is not a repository of complete material, like Cliff Notes, just to get you ready for a test, after an all-nighter. It is more like Anti-Cliff Notes. You may fall into a black hole of information, if you go too deep in any of the things I post here. This blog is a Guide to Relevant Science. If I get you interested in something, you may spend your life trying to answer a question. If that happens, then you have  become a Scientist, like I am.


  1.  Read the title and start reading the note
  2. Follow the links
  3. Come back to the note
  4. Write your own note in your own blog
  5. If you are satisfied go to rule 7
  6.  Go to rule 1
  7. You are finished
BTW: My own material goes to facebook. If you come directly to Relevant Science, you may not know what is mine and what is, let us say, "borrowed".

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews