Thursday, August 23, 2012

My HP Mini and I

Yesterday my machine, and I, changed. I can connect wirelessly at the Plano campus of Waubonsee Community College (WCC) now. I ran my lecture from my beloved netbook. I am happy.

At WCC I found a group of good students from the Plano area of Illinois. I've gone from Chilpancingo to Plano!

WCC has provided an opportunity for people to learn  Astronomy; and has provided me, with the opportunity to share my passion  with them.

My daughter told me, that she took the class in high school, because her friends thought Astronomy was the easier way to satisfy the science requirements for graduation. I am sure, at least one of my WCC students, feels that way. I met my wife at UCSB because of a similar requirement. Good things  happen when everybody take their life seriously.

I have this opportunity for one semester. Given how well, I related with everybody yesterday, I feel this could be more permanent.

This brings me back to this blog. A friend of mine in Chilpancingo objected my lack of focus. You are a scientist, he told me. Leave all the other stuff to other people.

Based on what happened yesterday, I am planning to follow his advice.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews