Tuesday, October 03, 2006

How does the future look like?

I am among young people having fun in a photography class. Unfortunately not all my math classes are so gay. There is a product, students like to see the pictures they make, and they want to make better ones; -- "that is the prettiest one!" -- one says. The instructor is a graduate of this high school. I don't see any student that is here because he or she has to be here. They are motivated.

Mathematics is a required class, that is a blessing in disguise. It is up to me to make the students feel comfortable, so far I am not satisfied.

I already taught college students and older high school students. I even tried to work with grammar school children.

The future looks worrisome from my standpoint. It is not the students, it is more us and our parents and grand-parents. It seems to me that we abused our house; the Earth. The chemical composition of the atmosphere has changed since at least ten thousand years, when human culture started.

The children, all in all, seem to be calm. I am getting nervous because of the wars and environmental catastrophes I see, I hope I am wrong.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews