Friday, February 22, 2008

Dark Matter

I just read Very weak lensing in the CFHTLS Wide: Cosmology from cosmic shear in the linear regime⋆.

This is the most obscure paper I have read. True, I am not an Astronomer, but still, I did not feel any effort on the part of the authors, to be understood outside of their field.

All I could gather is that the amount of Dark Matter in the Universe was measured with small errors.

Ωm=0.248±0.019 and σ8=0.771±0.029.

Nevertheless, the paper also proved that there is a huge region in the Universe, a few Mpc in size filled with dark matter. This is the biggest region, with just dark matter, ever observed, and the authors do not emphasize that in their conclusions!

Maybe because they are French.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews