Thursday, February 21, 2008

David Bohm

I just finished reading "Wholeness and the implicate order". I feel that David Bohm had insight. I try here to state what I understood.

John Stewart Bell, brought to fruition a long line of ideas about the meaning of Quantum Mechanics. In particular, Bohm's ideas about the nature of reality lead him to precise statements, later experimentally demonstrated by Alain Aspect.

According to Bell's interpretation, Aspect demonstrated that the world is not local. There are long distance correlations coming from the holistic Universe, according to Bohm.

Bohm presents in this book a notion of a multidimensional Universe. He calls this the holomovement. I visualize it like a fluid stream, everything are ripples on this medium, some last more and some less, but we are all participants in this dance. I used terms here, like fluid, and medium, that may not be necessary. Just like a fermion can turn into a boson, with a supersymmetric transformation, particles become forces, and vice-versa. What I feel, is here to stay, is the idea of multidimensions, and the consequent projections to lower dimensions that we experience.

If at some level all is connected. The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen non-locality is the least of this wholeness.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews