Friday, February 08, 2008

Information and the Open Source Movement

I am not a contributor to Richard Stallman's effort to free software, but I deeply sympathize with his efforts. I was in charge of inviting him to Lucent Technologies to give a talk on open source. He wanted pay, and I was not allowed to offer him that. I ended up inviting Eric Raymond. He gave a very nice and informative conference and the free software movement in exchange of a free lunch and hotel accommodations.

There is a lot of information available for all of us to know. We should take advantage, and be responsible. I see storms ahead in the near future, somehow I fell safer if more of us know the way out, than if just a few "think" they know the way out.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews