Friday, May 16, 2008

Crime in Paradise?

Below you can read a Time Magazine article about Mexico´s violence problem. I am just a math teacher, What do I know? How can one solve these crimes?

I think we live in paradise down here. No air conditioning, or heaters are needed, the place is just gorgeous. So why the crimes?

Don´t expect too much insight from these lines. It is just a simple view of reality from a man that loves abstractions.

As I see it, part of the problem is the European invasion over five hundred years ago. Most of the natives got European diseases and died. No big fight was neccesary. But after so many years, most people are immune to European diseases, and they are ready to fight.

Evo Morales is the first representative of the first Americans to get elected to the presidency of his country, Bolivia. I expect more and more of these real leaders to take over the power they lost so many years ago, and maybe these current crime waves, will be controlled.

When the original rulers come back, we will have Paradise without Crime. Of course those guys practiced human sacrifice, but I don´t think they ever killed a few hundred thousand brothers, and sisters, in a few minutes, like President Truman did in 1945.

I hope you indulge me for having these abstract thoughts.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews