Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mathematics

I was just asked to read the syllabi for math students at my University. As a physicist my first reaction was that without elementary physics classes, any program for a mathematician is badly founded; under a little more thought I realized that many professionals in the hard sciences, get along well without physics. The very fact that only recently have the professors at my University considered the possiblity to study Physics, makes me aware that there is at least a two-pronged issue. A general view of a university, and the particular state of mine.
General
Any university must have a Physics Department, in that vein my efforts should be directed as much as possible to the estabilshment of such an institution.
Particular
This University has a story, where Physics is just entering right now. This is where I should concentrate my efforts.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews