Friday, August 27, 2010

Truth and Computer Programs

Since I was a teenager I was interested in thinking. My son is 18 and is wandering if there is God: Atta boy.

I love knowledge, thus I am a philosopher. I read ``The Critique of Pure Reason'' by Kant, when I was in high school. At that age I chose to go to a technical high school because positive knowledge (Physics-Chemistry-Biology) is better than speculation. Eventually I turned into Physics for the same reason.

When I started programming computers (I AM NOT A HACKER) something clicked. If I did it wrong the program DID NOT WORK. There is an external criterion then, it is not just my say so. A piece of machinery is the judge of my productions.

I think this is deep, and I hope we are going to get out of this postmodern malaise, once computers invade more areas of rational inquiry.

I believe that Open Source is possible because of this fact in our Universe.

Just saying.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews