Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thankful

This week I came back from Huitzuco, a small town in Guerrero state, in Mexico, where my mother lived her first years. The passenger next to me, told me he'd lived in Chicago for seven years, but now is back in Mexico. Next came the heart wrenching story of a bus accident where his wife lost his first baby in Mexico. Now they have a new one and both, him and his wife, are getting better as they see their little boy grow.

We both agreed that we have to be grateful about the lives we have.

A moment ago the Internet connection just died on me. I went to reset the modem a few times. I gave up and was going home. I am in my office right now. In my way out I peeked through the window to see the modem chirping along, I came back to my desk, and now I am happily writing this.

I am grateful for what I have.

I installed WinEdt 6 successfully, running on my Wine, which sits on top Ubuntu 10.04.

What else can I ask for!

1 comment:

Bill Robertson said...

".. to be grateful about the lives we have."

What a beautiful moment to write about. I'm grateful for it

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews