Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scientists to study stem cells of New York Jews with East European roots to find out why so many live to 100 | Mail Online

Scientists to study stem cells of New York Jews with East European roots to find out why so many live to 100 | Mail Online

``Lilly Port, who turned 98 last week, is one of the Ashkenazi Jews who will be taking part in the study, claims that she has never been ill.
'I always had good genes,' she said.
And even though she doesn't smoke, she does eat bratwurst and chocolate daily and drinks white wine 'when I want to relax'.
She told the New York Post: 'I limit my food intake, because I want to be able to fit into my clothes, but I'm in perfect health.'
It will be some time before the results have been carefully dissected and conclusions drawn, but this survey should go some way to unlocking the code to a long life.''

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews