Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mathematica 8 at Chilpancingo

I am the proud owner of a network of Mathematica 8 clients. We invited my friend Enrique Zeleny to Chilpancingo. Wolfram Research Inc. personnel was kind enough to grant us a two month free license. I finally installed it, until I was free from school work. I lost one month of free time; oh well.

Thus until August, I have a server, with itself as a client!

I am not a hacker, so I was not able to connect other computers to mine. I have Ubuntu 10.04 and Mathematica 8.

I like the Wolfram|Alpha feature, I can call this free site from inside Mathematica. What I like about this, is that I can work on the results so obtained.  This feature allows integration between the desktop world, and the cloud world.  Ultimately, I believe the cloud will be enough, but meanwhile, I like these crutches; I'm only human! I also installed the plug-in for Chrome.

Enrique's expertise guided us through this Brave New World, of Computable Noosphere.  I feel  that the possibilities are large in number.

I already feel different, words and numbers together, Google Mathematica Chimeras. Shapes and numbers, Information flowing from representation to representation smoothly. At some point; I feel I will be able to have a representation free concept map. I will become a part of Gaia's mind, aka The Noosphere.

Only when many of us feel this way, will we be able to go to the next level: as Chardin saw many years ago, we are in our way to better things. I believe so, maybe because we both were born in Catholic countries.

Thanks Enrique.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews