Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Statistics and the World we Live In

I just started a Mathematica blog after the First Mathematica Workshop at the math department of the Autonomous University of Guerrero; it is written in both Spanish and English, because my audience is local, but there are no Mathematica products written in our language. Link [here].

I do not work for this company, but I believe that I have to keep on eye on its CEO, Stephen Wolfram. I have written a series of notes with the Mathematica label. I have a purpose with them; it is the following.

Since 1970 I have been doing Science, with the goal in mind to understand the Information Era we live in, and the discoveries that await us because of this. Steam engines, lead to Thermodynamics, and thus I believe that Information Technology will lead us to this century's Science as well. Wolfram already presented his principle of Computational Equivalence.

These notes are about method. Scientists have to add computational elements to the Method invented by Newton, and Galileo. Now we have Experimental, Computational, and Theoretical Science. This requires a new Scientific Method, I guess one should say, one that goes with Wolfram's New Kind of Science.

Mathematica 8 integrates probability and statistics to the main core kernel, this is telling.

We live in a Statistical Universe.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews