Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Am an American

I am reading "Consuming Mexican Labor", I finally understand why several million "paisanos", went to the streets in 2006.  Reading the NYT, I did not have a clue, of the illegal actions of Texas Growers in cahoots with the US Government, to keep so many people hiding in fear, so they would be afraid to ask what was legally theirs: mainstream media failed me!

Only now that I read the work of American scholars Ronald L. Mize, and Alicia C.S. Swords, do I know the deep injustice committed against my "paisanos".

My father, Ramiro Humberto Cajas Cantoral, was a bracero in the forties. He built a place for me. Now I know that I am an American.

¡Viva Cesar Chavez!

¡Viva Dolores Huerta!

¡Viva UFW!


No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews