Saturday, September 23, 2006

Chomsky and Mathematics

Noam Chomsky has written extensively on politics. Mathematics is a discipline to careful go through our thoughts. Young minds are more susceptible to change; in my position as a high school teacher in the United States I have responsibility to guide my students to clearly draw conclusions from given information. Chomsky's analyses are thoughtful, but more than politics his contributions are in linguistics, in my mind the most mathematized of the human sciences. I aspire to lead my students towards an understanding of the reality around them so they can choose wisely their future lives. I see at least three options for their future, one, they strengthen their minds and find the most rational paths towards our survival, two, they join a protective legal organization, or three, they join an illegal protective organization.
These options are not exclusive, but I pose that without a strong mind they are more likely to join destructive organizations.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews