Friday, September 01, 2006

Last State of the Union in Mexico

In about half an hour Mexican President Vicente Fox will address the Mexican Nation. As a Mexican living abroad I am not impressed with his performance, every day I see more Mexicans of different social classes trying to make a living in the US. At this point I do not see how going back will I see a better place to live. I am struggling here in the US, but at least I see more potential for my personal growth and that of my family, maybe in a few years that  will change, but at this point I do not see it.

I am satisfied teaching Mexican students recently arrived to the US. We say the pledge of allegiance every morning, we accept the laws of this country. I do not see a burning desire from the Mexicans I know here to go enjoy the country that Fox made.

For me this is a sad day, Fox failed us.


No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews