Monday, March 05, 2007

Invention

For any of the four categories I have chosen to consider in this plan, I need an invention.

Inventions do not happen often.

I have some original ideas, but I am afraid that none of them looks like a winner.

My instincts tell me that the field of information, together with electronics is the most promising.

Marvin Minsky just wrote a book, very likely his last book, with the idea that machines need emotions to be useful in the Artificial Intelligence field that he created.

Right now I do not have an idea of how to create an emotional machine.

2 comments:

marvin Minsky said...

My book argues that what we call emotions would better be seen as various different ways to think -- and it makes many suggestions about how those thinking processes work.

Also, I have three other books in the works.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

I am sorry Dr. Minsky.

I just felt that the book contained a lot of deep ideas, and I did not expect that you would soon solve some of the problems posed.

I will be very happy to see your future advances.

I was planning to buy your book. Now I will definitely buy it.

Thank you for your attention.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews