Tuesday, March 20, 2007

White Men

Most House and Senate Representatives, CEOs, Sport Head Coaches, and on, and on, are White Men.

I am not. I feel left out. Of course I can fight for those positions, but somehow the spectacle given by General Sánchez, or Attorney General González does not make the back door seem very attractive.

I am not going to complain about this here, somehow it does not suit me. But I think most people will agree with me, that Hispanics have had less opportunities to lead US institutions. I just hope that since my children don't speak funny, and are not dark skinned, they will fare better than I have so far.

What I do want to write though, is that the blame for the sorry state of the US and the world right now falls directly on the laps of White Men. On their watch the Earth is warming, maybe with dire consequences. Maybe is time for other color humans to take over.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews