Thursday, March 29, 2007

Is There Something Special about This? 1

I wrote a note with this name some time ago.

Is There Something Special about This..

Then I was wondering about an earthquake in Hawaii. As far as I know nobody connected that phenomenon with global warming which was my hunch.

Now my concerns are different. Now I am thinking about life. Life is special, as far as we know life only exists here. The question now is then, what can we conclude from the obvious fact that life is special?

My hunch is that when we understand life we will have advanced a lot. Professor Kauffman claims that complexity theory is a necessary addition to the study of life, I agree.

From my studies in complexity mathematics I can inform here that interesting behavior is possible for inanimate matter. If one studies simple recursive relations with a computer, one finds order when one did not expect it. The hexagon in Saturn is not as unexpected as non-scientists may think.

In a nutshell, the bing bang of life that happened several billions of years ago, did not have to start with a very boring Universe, it is possible that before life, matter was already interesting to look at. Obviously the adjective, interesting, implies an observer, what I mean then is, that if we look at conditions in the Universe before life started we could already find interesting research projects. Of course I am thinking of events that left a mark, a record, that we can look at.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews