Wednesday, May 02, 2007

GED and High School

I have worked in two American High Schools and with adults trying to get their high school diploma through the GED program. Obviously there are more classes to get the "regular" diploma, but do the students know more?

Like other things in life there are exceptions to what I write here. It is better to have a full time program with dedicated students. But in some cases students just waste time in the high school setting, they will be better served with a GED.

If I was an employer or an admission officer at a university though, my first choice would be a "regular" diploma.

I think some of the people that get their diploma through the GED program are better prepared than some of my students at the high schools where I have taught.

Deep down I feel though, that either you know Algebra or you don't, no matter how you go about learning it.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews