Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Math Classes Winding Down

This was the first year I taught math at the high school level. Some time ago I taught a remedial Geometry class in a community college, and a remedial physics class for freshmen in college. At the high school we only have a few more days to work together. My students do not know as much as I thought they were going to know by now. As it is, they did not know as much when they came into the class.

The difference is that now I am responsible for what they learned this year.

This Summer it looks as if I am going to be teaching math to high school students again.

I have also been volunteering for adult education classes. If the schedules do not interfere I will be teaching the same material to adults and teenagers.

Is there a way to succeed?

If there is one, it has to make the students trust me. I do know what is good for them and they have to follow my instructions.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews