Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are There Long Range Correlations Now?

This question is about human events.

Statistical Mechanics teaches us that near a phase transition different parts of a system start to act coherently. When water is about to boil, molecules move so fast that we don't know if they are part of a gas or part of a liquid. What happens in one cubic centimeter affects what happens in one cubic meter. Infinite correlation length is the technical name.

Be warned, people are not molecules, but what the heck lets try the analogy anyway.

I am in Chilpancingo, and I am listening to events in Chicago, and I understand!

This I call infinite correlation length. Of course I am not an average molecule, I mean man. In any case, there are many guerrerenses in Aurora Illinois. We are affected in Chilpancingo by what happens in Wakegan.

I keep looking for signals of a phase transition. Other name I've used for this concept is paradigm shift.

I feel the quiet before the storm.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews