Saturday, March 21, 2009

Most Recent Picture of the Gamma Ray Sky

You can see below the NASA announcement of this picture.

I have not followed as I should've this effort in high energy physics.

They put Silicon strips in the Sky!

I spent one year in E791 at Fermilab, and then some time in E831. Silicon strips were essential for these fixed target experiments. The collaborations got the biggest charm quark sample at the time. Bread and butter stuff for particle physics.

Astronomy was an afterthought for me. When I walked through the Sloan Digital Sky Survey installations at Fermilab, I just glanced through the glass windows wondering what was going on. I am a curious person, but every time I feel I should've been more curious.

Anyway, no use of crying over spilled milk.

The baby is here and is beautiful!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews