Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ira Glass

Through WBEZ I am listening to Ira Glass. He is talking about the collapse of South Chicago dreams.

I almost worked there!

During my Benedectine University training to become a science high school teacher in the Chicago area, I went to the King College Prep High School. I liked the lake shore, the clean streets, compared to Chilpancingo, that is. I was almost bought into the idea, of ending my life as a science teacher for the kids of the South Side of Chicago.

It pains me to hear what Ira has uncovered in his program "This American Life", this rich people destroying the lives of poor and middle class people, is sickening.

Ruins, and ruins. This is the reality of the AIG guy's video game called "Sub Prime Pyramid". This is not virtual reality, this is grim reality.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews