Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Edgar Altamirano on the Radio Today

Here you can find the main points of his talk.

Some comments are in order:

Edgar is a creative scholar, way ahead of his peers, he has had a very interesting life. He knows Mexican and foreign artists and scholars. He is an asset to our University.

Today I embarked in a project. I am not much of a music fan, and I AM NOT A HACKER. After listening to Edgar this morning I decided to do what kids do nowadays without even thinking about it. I took a beautiful song from a friend, Kopani Rojas Ríos, and added a picture of an ofrenda; a Mexican tradition by which we remember our beloved ancestors that had passed away, and uploaded a video to YouTube, (video above).

I had to copy a script and ran it in my Ubuntu 10.04.

It worked!

First I changed the wav, into mp3, then with that script I made an mpg.

I even sound like a real hacker; but remember, even more if you are some kind of government agent: I AM NOT A HACKER.

On a more serious note. Kids are using the Internet far much more than their elders. We can't leave them alone. We have to travel with them, at least made as big of an effort as we can muster. It is irresponsible not to do so.

We have to intelligently asses what it is good for, and live in this world, as professor Altamirano recommends. Only by cohabiting with the kids in this Noosphere, can they and we, go to the next stage needed to save ourselves from extinction.

By the way, I also went to Amojileca to hear Kopani. Professor Altamirano went this past Sunday. Great food, and great music. Edgar mentioned how Kopani promotes herself through the Internet.

See, I am helping her. Visit my YouTube place.

3 comments:

Edgar said...

Dear friend,

When you say "See, I am helping her. Visit my YouTube place" I found that you are linking one of my Youtube accounts, is it right? I tought you were going to link your Youtube account, no?

Kopani Guerrero is in Facebook, I am happily connected with her.

I know you are a great professor which apply technology too. I am proud and happy to be your friend maybe virtually but I appreciate you very much.

Thank you for your kindly words about my work.

My best regards,
Edgar

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Edgar,
it must be some code, to me it gives my account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGmgYTntP5w

I'll have to become savvier, thanks.

We are more than virtual friends!

Sheers,

Eduardo Cantoral said...

The other link also works for me:

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

Go figure.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews