Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am Spaniard!

``Why is Spain in so much trouble? In a word, it’s the euro.''


NYT

For most of my life I was under the illusion that I was Mexican. We have this fairytale here about the Great Independent and Mestizo Mexico,  When I returned from Chicago  in 2008, I read my uncle Arturo's books. Arturo Figueroa Uriza, was the son of General Andrés Figueroa Figueroa, who almost became President of Mexico. Through his books I learned what I am.

I learned fast that Huitzuco, the town my mother was from, is a racist town; Spaniards own the land and Indians are peons. My father was from Quetzaltenago, Guatemala; the race relations there are even worse. I find it very unlikely that I am mestizo.

I always liked Spanish girls, now I know why.

It pains me to see Spain going down the drain like this.

¡Lucha España!

Fight Spain!, these are hard times.

Of course I am proud, as my father was, to be in America, Xelajú, as he used to call his hometown, has been in my life since I remember. He sent Sergio Anaya to his home town team; he became Xelajú Anaya in Mexico.





From Anaya's WebPage

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews