Monday, March 14, 2011

Didactic Intelligence

I could start another Wikipedia article on this topic. I rather not, I did not have much success with Memeland, The entry was declared a hoax. I rather develop the idea here in the safety of my blog. Nobody, nobody but me has erased what is written here.

Project Zero

Reading professor Melvin Konner book: ``The Evolution of Childhood'', I found this:

``This is consistent with evidence that teaching occurs in all human cultures (see Chapter 27) and with the notion that our species could be called Homo docens because we have something like an instinct to teach (Barnett, 1968), which could have emerged with the genus Homo some 1.6 mya.''

p. 118 Konner.


I propose then, that Project Zero adds this  intelligence to their list.

I remember Bob Prigo from UCSB, he was a natural teacher, you can buy his book:

Making Physics Fun

Amazon

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews