Monday, March 07, 2011

Open Letter and a Cynical View.

Read the Open Letter here.

I have written about this impending collapse of Fermilab on this blog, [link], I didn't heard a pip. I guess my blog is not as famous as Sean Carroll's in Discover Magazine.

If any interested reader happens to come here, you have my 5 cent opinion now.

Cynical View


After World War II, the US lived with the War Booty. That is over, no more money for God Particle searches, when most Americans are more concerned about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, than any lowly particle. The American People do not want to pay now, as they didn't want to pay almost twenty years ago, when the Superconductor Super Collider died a premature end at the hands of the same Energy & Water Appropriations Subcommittee, dealing the Death Blow to Fermilab this time.

A great Mexican Physicist that I admire, Benjamin Grinstein, was tapped as the head of their Theory Division. Ben had to live all these years with less excitement.

War Booty Finished: No Money for No Darn Higgs Boson.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews