Thursday, March 31, 2011

A New Way of Teaching

Software Cocoon


Senses and motion control, according to Konner, are two important aspects of hominin evolution; we come from a particular combination of precocious sense development, and  late motor development.

I apply this insight to the redesign we are going through at this stage of our evolution. I am writing this at the outskirts of Iguala town, where I receive WiFi connection from the Spanish company Telefónica. I am in a quiet place good for thinking at this time of day.This HP Mini is an extension of my senses, and I can carry it with me.

I have been teaching this past three years with a series of blogs, that you can see looking at my Blogger profile. This is a prosthesis, an electronic prosthesis. This hardware allows me to connect with my software cocoon.

Right new this cocoon is not huge, I use the Google platform, Wikipedia, and the electronic arXiv, maintained at Los Alamos, and Cornell University, among other mirrors. I also read an inordinate amount of news through the New York Times, and La Jornada.

My method of teaching for a long time has been to depend heavily on the Information I have accumulated over my lifetime span of over sixty years. That has been increased by all the Information I use in the Internet. With this Movistar Broad Band service I just acquire, I became a Connected Professor.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews