Monday, May 02, 2011

Crossing Lines

My sister reminded me today of an old friend. So I googled him, he is now an assistant professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Texas. I wrote him, and he even remembered which small town in Guerrero my mother was from!

What are the odds of that?

I guess this question is similar to: What are the odds that Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler would be killed almost the same day of the month?

Nice to hear from you Jaime.

In no way close, Roberto Bolaño made a whole practice of crossing lines. Link in Spanish here. He was a master of intellectual products. My observation is just anecdotal.

``Son textos que expresan el propósito del autor por plantarse en el mundo para, con su palabra riente, provocadora, desmedida y al mismo tiempo simple, reconocer y darle cuerpo a la sociedad, a la historia y a la cultura con operaciones narrativas zigzagueantes.''

My translation:

These are texts expressing the author's purpose of setting foot on the ground for, with his smiley word, provocative, huge and at the same time simple, to recognize and give body to society, history and culture with zigzagging narrative operations.

The book being reviewed seems interesting:
Translated something like. ``Inside Parenthesis.''

Wikipedia

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews