Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kick-Me Sign


Reading Tom Friedman today in the NYT, I felt that I walked around with a sign like that in the two US high schools where I worked. I was not trained to deal with the common denominator types that inhabit the ecosystem of those places. My head was up high in the clouds looking for the fundamental laws of nature, and those guys and gals were thinking about more mundane pursuits, to say the least.

I was clobbered, I wasn't rehired in either place. I even went to two community colleges, basically the same result.

Tom Friedman today explains how small businessmen he knows, are doing the same work as before with less human, and more electronic help. I like that, no more dead wood, people covering their backs to defend their perks from 'smart' competition.

You are fired!

Now I have to figure out how I can be the boss. 

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews