Monday, June 06, 2011

The laws of nature are constructed in such a way as to make the universe as interesting as possible.

Freeman Dyson is one of my heroes. He proved mathematically that Richard Feynman's intuition was right. They met while young, one a mathematical genius from England, and other a natural physicist from New York City. They had a cross country ride together, and a life long friendship developed. Sometimes I wondered that Dyson should've gotten the Nobel, and not Feynman. Both were very smart; fortunately Dyson is still alive.

The title of this note is a  Dyson's quote I like.

We live at the edge of chaos, one moment things seem to go one way, the next the other.

Professor Covarrubias, the head of our Department, just told me that an astronomer, a geophysicist, and myself should get together to start a Physics Department in our Autonomous University of Guerrero.

Not bad!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews