Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back in Chilpancingo

Today I have another bureaucrat story. I guess this is more of an eccentric story, dealing with the regular problems everybody else takes on stride.

Today I went to open a bank account. First I did not have my passport with me. I returned with it, and the nice lady in charge asked me for a proof of residency. Telephone, electric, or any other proof that I am a legal resident in Chilpancingo. I immediately had the feeling of, "here we go again". Read my bureaucrats piece here.

I decided then and there, after nicely informing the lady that I rather get my bank account in Mexico City, where I have one of my two legal residences in Mexico; the other one is in Puebla City.

You gotta lov´em.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews