Friday, July 25, 2008

Quaternions

Today I started my Quaternion Project in Mathematica. This area has fascinated me since I was in Graduate School. Prof. Plebanski was a world star in the area. Unfortunately we didn't cross as student and mentor at CINVESTAV (Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, México). Nevertheless I could ask him once his opinion on writing General Relativity in this language. He said that he did not make much progress. Then I read Stephen L. Adler's papers on Quaternionic Quantum Mechanics in the seventies. He has a book now: Quaternionic Quantum Mechanics

Now I have an academic position and my love affair with quaternions starts today!

3 comments:

maxim said...

I want to sell quaternions visualizations in matlab. Details here:
http://quaternion.110mb.com/
If you interested then please email me: vedenev@ngs.ru

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Maxim,
I saw your comment. I am interested in buying your software. I am not hired yet here in Mexico. As soon as I get my official position, I'll let you know. Good work.
Eduardo

commissioner said...

MATLAB also has direct support for quaternion math.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews