Friday, July 25, 2008

MyAOL

I do have an account an AOL. My wife started this service at least since 1996. She opened it and I used it. I was in Mexico, she in the US. That was great to be in touch with my family while I was working in Mexico. Then we were together for several years until the beginning of this year when I returned to Mexico. Now I also have a Google mail account. I refuse to collect accounts, as I refuse to add credit card accounts to my worries. I never used the AOL homepage I was entitled to. Now I started to poke around, and all of a sudden I was asked for the last four numbers of my Social Security number (SS#). Dutifully I wrote it down and I was bumped out!

I had to use the master account SS#.

If I were in the US, I could´ve just shouted to the next room, and problem solved. Here I had to write an email, through AOL, and I am still waiting for the information.

One can imagine living in a virtual world, but we are in the real world. I guess this is a minor inconvenience.

Happy blogging!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews