Monday, March 02, 2009

Global Explanation

Paul Krugman is an expert on the world economy. Now he writes (below) on the correlates in Iceland, Estonia , and Ireland; of the current world economic disease. He writes:

“Reforms have made Iceland a Nordic tiger,” declared a paper from the Cato Institute. “How Ireland Became the Celtic Tiger” was the title of one Heritage Foundation article; “The Estonian Economic Miracle” was the title of another. All three nations are in deep crisis now."

Economics is not a science but inside a fine mind it gets darn close!

So there are universal explanations? I believe that, the Irish, Icelanders, and Estonians, got greedy. Easy money was for the taking. When I was in Warrenville, my neighbors next door, were from Cd. Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, Ireland and Estonia.

Now I am here trying desperately to make a living in Mexico, my friend from Chihuahua, must be waiting for more porches to renovate, and Sean and family must be somewhere else trying to find the good life.

The upcoming storm looks like a tsunami to me, all over the place we'll see pieces of furniture flying around.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews