Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Simple Thoughts on a Bad Year

Warren Buffett tells us that we have to get ready for a war.

In Mexico the only consequence I can see of WWII, is that my father went to work to the States to allow the American Boys to go fight. He was coming from Guatemala to Mexico, and then he went to California. Thank goodness I didn't get a basket case father with battle fatigue. We were a very happy lot, we were, as we grew up in Mexico away from the war.

What I am supposed to make of Buffett's call to arms?

I am not allowed to fight in the Mexican Army, I am over forty years of age. What does he mean?

This year I came to Mexico in search of an opportunity to provide for my children that stayed in the US. This has been rough, financially I mean. I am not sure I can stay here yet.

So this was a bad year, now what?

Things seem to be moving along around here. My High Energy Physics friends seem to be busy, and not that worried about the end of the world fears I have coming from the US to Mexico.  Am I hallucinating?

Time will tell. They seem to be oblivious. They are worried about Mexican lawlessness, to be sure,  but they just keep prodding along. I guess I'll just follow along.

Mr. Buffett didn't reassure me with his war talk, though. I wonder what he means, I guess some kind of social corps of good deed doers or something, when the shit hits the fan.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews