Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Impossible Meta Universe

I read Karl Popper some time ago. He separates all that is in ideal and material. We know some of what is, and imagine many things that may be but are not, and some that cannot be.

This classification is interesting, but today I write about  some odd coincidences of our existence. I am spiritual but do not belong to any organized church, besides rational scientists groups. Even among my peers lately I have been reading some outlandish thoughts. I will try to put my thoughts in order with this note. I received a little money, so I am allowed to think weird thoughts a little bit more.

 Pedro F. González-Díaz published the idea at the Los Alamos electronic repository of sane ideas, that the acceleration of the Universe, produces intelligent life, and therefore that we are here to get this cosmic aha moment!

This is preposterous, but in the upside down world that modern cosmology has produced, it even sounds real.

On the other hand, Lee Smolin et al. have proposed to follow the math in Plebanski's factorization of gravity to get answers to questions ike these. Forget all that mumbo jumbo on 'we are here, so the world should be this way', and just follow the math. With physical intuition of course. More math and less philosophy.
I love philosophy, but without modern methods, it has lead very smart humans astray. I rather follow the math.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews