Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Am I up to It?

It, is the rest of my life. I do not know how long I will live, but I wonder if in the time left there will be something I feel proud about. Now, beyond the basics: I am the proud father of two intelligent human beings with their own aspirations. But besides that, somehow expected life accomplishment, is there anything more?

The only thought I can claim with some pride, is that Information is Matter. I have not proved it, by any means, but somehow I have the intuition, that Information is more than meets the eye.

Energy seemed ethereal to non-physicists when it was first proposed, and now due to Einstein, we know that mass turns into energy, and vice versa. My guess is that Information will similarly surprise us.

Space time, turned into spacetime, maybe now, spacetime temperature, will turn into spacetimetemperature.

Temperature and Entropy go hand in hand, and so do Spacetime and Energymomentum. Then Spacetimetemperature may be dual to Energymomentumentropy. Since Shannon we know that Information is akin to Entropy.

I cannot help but notice, that the biblical: "In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." -- John 1", sounds like what I want to say. I am not Christian, but I believe that the instruction set for the Universe, and the Universe itself, at some level of unification are one and the same thing.

The truth of the matter, is that I do not know how to go from this intuition, to a working scientific theory which will qualify as my contribution to Science.

Have a Prosperous and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews