Monday, January 01, 2007

Spies, Dictators, and 2007

First 2007 = 223 x 3 x 3 , 223 is prime, and a big and lucky prime!

I do not think this means anything but there it is, I am the first in 2007 to point out the prime factors of 2007.

Two dictators died this past year, Augusto Pinochet and Saddam Hussein. That in itself does not mean anything either. People die, at some point or another all of us will be dead. I finally saw the video of Hussein's execution. He did not seem scared, he reminds me of Joseph Stalin; poor and indolent men that caused a lot of pain to some people that crossed their lives.

I have not seen many spy movies or TV programs, I liked Get Smart, Maxwell Smart (Don Adams) was a likable character. In real life though the spy archetype is complicated, if one believes in the roots of the conflict they are fighting for; spies are soldiers like everybody else; society assigns that role to some. Maybe all of us are a little bit of a spy, when we venture in enemy territory and try to blend.

What I do want to do is to be a spy for the human race inside the Universe. I want to find out secrets of nature to reveal to my people, just like Prometheus gave humans the knowledge of fire and the Gods punished him and humans.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews