Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back to School

After two weeks of reading and taking it easy, tomorrow I am going back to school. During classes I wake up early every day and my schedule changes. I finally read "The Trouble with Physics" by Lee Smolin.

I have mixed emotions after reading the book. I almost went to work with Gerard 't Hooft for my postdoctoral year in Holland. Now I know, after reading the book, that he is more inclined to consider the issues that interest me. I ended up going to work with Hung Cheng at the Department of Applied Mathematics of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. That was good, but I think it would have been better to work with 't Hooft.

So is life, there is no law that forces me or anybody else to do one thing instead of another. There is free will, and then there is death, and as Einstein said, death is good because it allows us to see somebody's life as a work of Art.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews