Tuesday, January 09, 2007

iPhone

Today Steve Jobs announced a historic new product. You can read about it in Wikipedia already!

I worked at Lucent Technologies, the research branch of the American telephone monopoly, AT&T. The big wigs at that company let us all go home, and they started to look for a new business model. They own the network, they pay whoever makes the best telephone, the hell with Lucent. And there I go, out the door.

Now Steve Jobs is the darling boy of the old AT&T. I did not see it coming, but then I very rarely see the future, it was my son that kept me abreast of the meteoric race that Apple, Inc. was involved in.

Yahoo, Google, Apple, and AT&T, a big American family, wow!

The service will be available this coming June, and then in 2008, it will be worldwide. Maybe a singularity is coming, and Apple will also go by the wayside as I, and many other engineers at Lucent. Maybe a company that does not exist yet, maybe a company started by my son in our garage, will bring the holographic telephone or something, but today after seeing Jobs' presentation in San Francisco, I expect the Cupertino, California Company, to take the market by storm.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews