Monday, July 26, 2010

Julian Assange

Today I heard at the University of Guerrero Radio Station, XEUAG 840 kHz AM, on the firing of Dr. Tulio Estrada. The news item I linked is in Spanish, and by a newspaper I consider very biased towards authority.

On the contrary I trust my University Radio Station's integrity.

Dr. Estrada was fired for pursuing the letter and the spirit of the law, requesting Chilpancingo's Mayor to clean up, literally clean up his act. The Mayor was fined $10,000 for risking our lives here in the Capital City of Guerrero state, in Mexico. Mayor Astudillo does not want to dispose of all the city garbage responsibly. Instead the garbage is thrown into Huacapa's River, literally turning this one magnificent river into raw sewage.

The cancer rate along the river is anomalously high.

The only campaign promise I heard from, the now Mayor Astudillo, was to convert the river into a parking lot!, I kid you not, by putting tons of cement and send the water through sewage pipes, like what has happened in Mexico City for years.

Punish the messenger. That is the state of Environmental Policy in Guerrero.

Why do I name this note Julian Assange?

What he just did, is the only sensible thing to do if we want to survive.

He released, at the risk of being murdered by the US secret apparatus, the wrongdoing of the US Government, on the Iraqi, and Afghani people.

Keep on trucking Mr. Assange.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews