Sunday, July 25, 2010

Let the Chips Fall Where They May

I am a progressive, as Elizabeth Warren, Paul Krugman, and on, and on. If you follow this blog, you know already. I do get comments, not many, I am not popular, from people with different persuasion, I do invite that. I found out there is an anti-metric System lobby!

Nevertheless as Friedman reminds us today in We're Gonna Be Sorry, positive science, Positivism, as first defined by Auguste Comte, instructs us to follow three basic sciences:

  1. Physics
  2. Chemistry
  3. Biology
Here in Mexico, thanks to the Zapotec Benito Juárez ,  President of Mexico, we have a positivist system of public education. The Pueblan Gabino Barreda, was given the task to start the first Escuela Preparatoria, under the principles of positivism. Leopoldo Zea was the foremost expert on Positivism in Mexico. If you read Spanish, you can read a work about it here.

I know one of the daughters of the late Prof. Zea.

By all means, I am progressive, and I am positivist. Relevant Science, not irrelevant ideology.

Preparatorianos (high school students) in Mexico, are taught to look at reality with the eyes of reason, not of dogmatic ideology.

I wish all young people of the world get the message before it is too late. It seems like the Young Turks around President Obama, do not know positive science. Rhetorical speeches, are not substitute for rational thinking.

Take this from a Progressive Positivist. That is the schpiel you'll get here.

Welcome!

Let the Chips Fall Where they May.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews