Friday, June 27, 2008

1968, 1988, 2008


I still remember forty years ago, October 2, 1968, looking out the balcony in the apartment I lived in Mexico City with my family: Military tanks headed towards the site of the peaceful student demonstration I was planning to go to. I decided then and there, not to go. That decision might´ve spared my life. Some five hundred other people were not so lucky, and the Mexican Government of Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, committed one of the worst political crimes of Modern Political History.You can see above a picture of a group of my friends in Puebla requesting City Hall to take away the name of President Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, from an important street in Puebla City.

In 1988, twenty years later Prof. James Hansen went to the US Congress to testify on Global Warming. He was right, and the politicians did not do what was necessary. Now you can read in the note below that Prof. Hansen thinks it may be too late.

Now in 2008, something is going to give. Tell people that you read it here.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews