Saturday, June 28, 2008

AOL

In the early 2000s, I bought AOL stock. What went wrong?
First I was a novice, I lost my shirt, and second many people were wrong, like in: Nobody knew that Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction.

With hindsight I write this.

AOL LLC formerly America Online Inc. had a nice ring to it. American Telephone & Telegraph, also had that important adjective, American or America. AOL was the first American company to enter the Internet age with the full support of the American United States.

My mistake was to assume that the Twenty First Century, was going to be the American Century. After Vietnam and Iraq. I do not think that anymore. Mr. Bush is letting America burn while playing the violin, as Nero did with Rome.

The King is dead, long live the King (Hu Jintao).

In any case I lost my money and the dollar is getting close to ten Mexican pesos. Big empires come down. It hurts though, when one loses money.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews