Friday, June 20, 2008

Can I Apply my Method?

I am in a jam. From a rich country I moved to a poor country. Sure, things have improved since I was here last; but still this is the Third World. I am not going to describe the "issues" I face. I do not like to be that specific. I want to keep it useful for me, and maybe interesting for others. I liked the Truman Show, but I do not want to be Truman. Life is as interesting as it can be, therefore there is no way I will solve the problem and move ahead.

My Method states that I have to follow Polya´s four steps. Understand, Strategize (like in the Flinstone´s Movie), Execute, and Review. But my Method states more. Selection is the key word. I propose a Generalized Selection Principle. Darwin´s Natural Selection, states that copies that have copies are good, the more copies the better. This principle can be seen not only in finches in the Galápagos Islands, but also in all the versions of the "Indiana Jones" movies. My Method does not tell you what to select. You will know if it was good by the number of clones of your original choice you encounter in your future. Also it is important that you engage your environment, there is a distributed "intelligence" around us. This is easy to see in the internet, you can find information "out there". At the end of the day, the choices are yours, and you live with the consequences. The heuristic character of the method is necessary, nobody knows the future.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews